Thursday, May 27, 2010

My Weight Loss Progress

You should probably know a little more about my weight history...
Growing up, I was thin. I thought I looked great! I always ate whatever I wanted - a lot of times - fatty, greasy foods. But I kept physically active! But I started gaining about 7 pounds a year, beginning in junior high. By the time I got pregnant, I was 155 pounds. That's considered 20 pounds overweight in my case. After the birth of my son, I kept gaining. I would eat take out a lot! I also stopped working out. Little did I know, I had an underactive thyroid that was going untreated. I was gaining weight rapidly. By the beginning of 2008, I was 235 lb! - my highest weight ever! I felt disgusting! My ankles would swell up and I would sweat all the time, even when everyone else was cold! At my annual physical, my doctor tested my thyroid levels, they were low and I was put on medication. Within the first month, I lost 30 pounds! I haven't lost any more weight from the medication,unfortunately. But I am so proud of myself for maintaining the loss after all this time! Go Me!

I found this cool progress ticker online. It keeps me confident and motivated!
I chose an image of newlyweds walking on a beach because my honey and I decided we weren't gonna get married until we're both in great shape. I love having that to look forward to! Even more motivation!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

No comments:

Post a Comment